Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Task 1

Web publishing

My previous experience with web publishing is rather limited. I have mainly used it for my school work or just for personal interest. Also in my opinion understanding the term "web publishing" is a bit difficult in nowadays society, because it should consist some informative content that could be interesting to some group of people, but as social networking portals like Facebook and Twitter make it so easy and accessible then it is hard to imagine a person without any previous knowledge about it.

As I young social person I do own a Facebook account and use it quite often, but mainly to stay in contact with my international friends, with who I am not able to communicate from face to face. And of course I am posting "what's on your mind" statuses and sometimes links - music videos, news pieces, etc. But I as it has been only my personal information and for my friends, I can not really call it web publishing. Although I have noticed that since I started to use it I have used less and less online news  portals, because it does provide very fast information flow and as it mainly comes from your friends (with who you share same interests) then it just helps you to find news pieces that interest you faster.

For my school work and research I mainly use Wikipedia and blogs as there are so many of them with specific content. I do appreciate that some people have taken this time and energy to share their knowledge with everyone else. Unfortunately I have to say that I have not been one of them and this is my first time to have my own blog. 

I also use semi regularly  Estonian music portal Rada7. Although I don't post there too often and it is hardly ever something important :)

No comments:

Post a Comment